Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Healthy Summer Skin

Have you ever seen those women, the women with the beautiful blemish, wrinkle free beautiful skin, that look younger than their years?
Well, that is not me. I wish I could go back in time and listen to all of the wise women who told me the importance of a sunscreen higher than SPF oil, or to not use a tanning bed, or wear a hat, my Mom is always in a hat, why didn't I listen to her?
So, now at 43, I am making my skin a priority, my health depends on it....

I have been drinking hot/warm lemon water for years now, but never first thing in the morning, drinking hot lemon water instead of coffee first thing in the morning was a challenge at first but now after learning  all of the health benefits warm lemon water first thing in the morning offers, it's a priority. One of the many benefits of hot lemon water is what it does for your skin, the vitamin C and antioxidants in the lemons is said to decrease wrinkles and blemishes, and gives your skin a healthy glow. You would be surprised with how many benefits certain foods, such as superfoods, can help in all areas of health, including your skin. I was recently checking out Aloha, which offers a ton of healthy recipes that include all kinds of superfoods.

Now look, I do live in the Hamptons and I am in the sun a lot and we entertain a lot, so what do I do to stay safe and still have that healthy summer glow?

Whether I am out running around or at the beach I keep my face protected as much as I can. The majority of the products I use can be found at Target, which for me is great because I have FORO (fear of running out). I have been using Olay products for years and lately I have been using this Olay Total Effects with Spf 30, it evens out my skin tone and protects it at the same time. If  I am at the pool or the beach I typically reach for Neutogena Age Shield it has great protection from the damaging rays and doesn't clog my pores.






To scrub all of this off and give my skin a healthy glow, I love this Olay Pro X cleansing brush, it gently unclogs my pores and gives my skin a fresh no make-up needed look

 I almost always use a bronzer, even in the summer, I always have my sunglasses on, and always have a white raccoon mask around my eyes, so I use a bronzer to fill in my ridiculous tan line and even out my skin. I do bounce from bronzer to bronzer, but I always seem to have one from Physicians Formula in my make-up bag, it gives you a natural glow and I love that the bronzer has a Spf , added protection right? 
In the evening for that gorgeous dewy warm glow I reach for Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer No 3, this stuff is amazing!!




We have our skincare covered so grab a hat like this one from Brixton, a pair of sunnies with UVA protection like these from Komono and a Superfood Vitamin C packed Sangia to give you a natural glow from the inside out, and get out there and enjoy your summer the healthy safe way



Cheers.....to a healthy Sangria


**click on anything in this Color or images to take you directly to the link**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wooden Wristwatch