Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Denim Junkie:Fire up the Flares

After seeing a friend of mine a few weeks ago wearing the most perfectly flattering pair on flares, I became obsessed with finding myself a perfect pair. I had this perfect pair of Levi's yeas ago, BK (before kids) and must have gotten rid of them during a closet purge, they were perfect, so now finding another pair similar to my lost Levi's is stuck in my head.
 My ideal pair would have a frayed or pulled down hem, would be perfectly worn in, wouldn't be too dark or too light, would have a Effortless bohemian vibe.
So the search began online, nothing there....at a few of my favorite local shops they said wait for spring.....but I just couldn't get it out of my head.
And then while buying a gift for a friend at Henry Lehr in Southampton, the lovely woman helping my friend and I said she had a few pairs of Levi's flares in the basement, would we like to see them, ummmm, yeah I would! And there they were the perfect pair of Flares, and better yet, they were Levi's, what are the chances???

If you are looking for a perfect pair of flares here are a few great choices....

Citizens of Humanity Charlie Super Flare      Current/Elliott The Low Bell





Mother The Cruiser                               McGuire Majorelle Flare                                          





                                                          Gap 1969 Long & Lean





For those of you who think you can't wear them, flares a super flattering, they elongate the leg, and make you look tall and lean

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wooden Wristwatch