Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Keeping it Real

Remember a few weeks ago around Christmas time when everyone and anyone was posting these sandals on Instagram? Which then in turn lead me to majorly obsess over them. I mean how was I supposed to resist them with their cute pom poms and evil eye and peace sign charms, it was like they were made for me....and well everyone else on Instagram.

That should have been the first clue for me, because I am typically not a bandwagon jumper onner (yes I know that's not a word), I don't have FOMO, I don't care if everyone has that bag or that shoe because typically at that point it's not for me. But in this instance I caved, and I ordered them, not once but twice, yup twice, my order was placed and then cancelled, so I ordered them again, duh second clue....

So, here's the thing, are these sandals super cute, and would they be perfect with anything and everything this summer, yeah they would, if they stayed tied!! If you were able to walk 5 feet without stepping on a charm!!

It made me wonder if all of these Instagrammers just bought and wore them for the picture or did they actually wear them, actually walk in them. How much of what you see is actually real?
I want you to know I only post what I would actually wear, whether it's from Target or Old Navy or a pair of Manolo's, Do I buy everything that I post, umm no, I would be broke and I have a kid going to college soon.

Here's the take away, there is this great article written by one of my favorite bloggers Leandra Medine of Man Repeller (find it here) about how much social media effects what we buy and in this case I am GUILTY as charged, because boy did I fall for it and then shared it with all of you.
So from now on, I pledge to keep it real and not get caught up in the social media roll.

So farewell cute sandals, back you go, I am rather sad because I really did love you, so I may go for this pair without all of the ankle wraps

What do you think????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wooden Wristwatch